- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray squash with olive oil spray and season well with salt and pepper. Place cut-side down on a baking dish. Roast for 20 minutes. Flip squash and roast another 20 minutes, until flesh can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While the squash roasts prepare the stuffing. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and saute about 3 minutes, until starting to soften. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add sliced sausage and spinach. Cook about 3 minutes until spinach is wilted and the edges of the sausage are starting to brown.
- Add in the cooked rice, water, and seasonings. Heat through until water has evaporated. Add salt/pepper to taste. Stir in cranberries.
- Divide mixture between the 4 squash halves. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings