- Make your quick pickled onions ahead:
- Pack your red onions in a mason jar or heat-safe container.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, maple syrup or honey and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, pour over pickles and let cool.
- Pickled onions are ready to serve when cool, and keep in the fridge 2-3 weeks.
- Hard boil 1 egg
- Heat your Gilbert’s Chicken Brat in the microwave or pan-sear and slice
- Toss salad mix, tomatoes, pickled onions and Bratwurst with dressing
- Top with ¼ avocado, sliced hard-boiled egg and bacon bits and serve