- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 11x7” baking dish with butter or non-stick spray, set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, add potatoes, and bring to a boil for ~5 minutes
- Drain potatoes and run cold water over them to cool.
- In a medium sized saucepan melt butter. Add in flour and milk, whisking until a thick roux is formed. Slowly add in beer, whisking as you do. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cheese, continually stirring until melted and uniformly distributed. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- In the prepared baking dish layer half of the potatoes, sausages and cheese sauce. Repeat layering with remaining half of each.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with chives, serve warm.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 285 calories, 12.7g fat, 25.3g carb, 15.5g protein