- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add diced sausage and saute until browned and crispy on the edges, about 3 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, until onion is softened. Add garlic and squash, cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken broth and spices. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Reserve about 1 cup of pasta water and then drain.
- Add pasta to the cooked squash. Stir in a little of the pasta water, if needed. Stir in the spinach and diced sausage. Allow spinach to wilt. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate pasta and top each serving with 1/2 oz crumbled goat cheese (feel free to use shaved parmesan if preferred). Enjoy!