- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add coined sausages and sauté until browned on both sides. Then remove sausage from pan. Set aside.
- Now to same pan add a bit more olive oil and your onions. Stir to combine. Then add in Italian seasoning and dried basil. Stir again.
- Add in the garlic, red pepper, ground tomato and continue to sauté for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly. Then add bell pepper, crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes. Cook for several minutes until peppers are tender and everything is well-combined.
- Now, slowly stir in broth. Cook 2 min. Then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return sausage to skillet. Cook dish for an additional 6 to 9 min or until sauce is thickened up.
- Finally, add cooked pasta to skillet, stirring to coat.
- Garnish with basil, and Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!