- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep your peppers: slice in half and remove all seeds. Rinse them out, dry and then set inside a large baking dish large enough to accommodate.
- Coin sausages and then cut coins in half. Sauté over medium high heat for a few minutes until slightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Then, drizzle a small amount of olive oil in the same pan and heat until hot. Add onion, sweet potatoes, and garlic to pan. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add browned sausage back to pan. Mix all together, then add maple syrup to pan and again stir/mix.
- Spoon mixture into peppers, filling them about 3/4 of the way full.
- Next, crack one egg on top of each pepper, as shown.
- Cook at 375 degrees for approximately 25 min. Then, remove from oven and add a small amount of fresh mozzarella to each pepper. Return to oven and cook another 5- 10 minutes.
- Once done remove from oven, season with salt and pepper, place a few quartered tomatoes on top of each, and garnish with fresh basil and chopped green onions as desired.