- In a medium-sized pot (w/lid) heat up a little olive oil. Then, add in garlic and saute for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- Next, in the same pan, combine barley, chicken broth, 1/2 tsp. salt and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for approximately 40 min. or until done/chewy in texture. Drain barley and set aside. *While barley cooks roast sweet potatoes if you do not already have them on hand/pre-cooked (we roast ours w/ a bit of oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika).
- Coin sausages and place in a separate skillet/pan with a little more olive oil, over medium-high heat. Cook sausages for a couple min. until lightly browned and cooked. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop up your greens and warm up your sweet potatoes (if needed).
- In a large bowl combine it all: barley, sausage, greens and sweet potatoes. Drizzle with additional oil, as desired, and crumbled feta cheese (as well as any other toppings of choice). Season with salt and pepper to taste and viola!
- Recipe makes approx. 4 bowls. Yumm!