Find Gilbert’s in Stores Near You
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, sauté sausage (coined) until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Next, melt butter over low heat. Add in onion and cook approx. 2 min. Then add in garlic and cook another min. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Next add in milk, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil, mixing until well-combined. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Add in cheeses and melt until completely smooth.
- Remove mixture from heat. Add in pasta, stirring until well combined and coated. Then gently stir in sausage.
- Next, make topping: combine butter and oil in a small pan over low heat until melted. Add in panko and stir to coat. Continue stirring until lightly browned. Then, remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place macaroni and sausage mixture in large baking dish. Sprinkle with panko mixture and cheese if desired. Bake 20- 30 min. Can also bake in individual ramekins as shown.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika (if desired) before serving and enjoy!