- Over medium high heat, drizzle a bit of olive oil in a larger sized skillet or frying pan with higher sides.
- Add coined sausage to skillet and sauté for a couple minutes; flipping/moving around pan as you go.
- Next, add butter, garlic and onion to pan, stirring to combine as you go. Once fragrant and onion tender- proceed to next step.
- To skillet add 3 cups water (may need more, but start with 3 cups), pasta shells, spinach and tomatoes. Bring to a boil (still over medium-high heat), tossing often.
- Once boiling, continue to toss- cooking until the liquid starts to reduce and thickens to a sauce. Cook approx. 10 minutes until pasta is cooked al dente.
- Once pasta is done/cooked, add cheese, and season to taste (feel free to add additional seasonings as desired).
- Voila! Serve immediately and enjoy!