- Drizzle a bit of olive oil in a larger sized skillet/pan over medium-high heat.
- Add cut sausage to pan and cook until browned up a bit. We like ours with a bit of a crispy edge in this recipe, so cooked about half of the pieces a minute or so longer. Once cooked to your desired preference, remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Next, to the pan add in onion and pepper. Season with salt and pepper, and cook 3-4 min, stirring as it cooks.
- Add in the garlic, stirring to combine and cook an additional 1-2 min.
- Then, pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add in rice, tomato paste and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Turn heat down to medium, and cover. Continue cooking 4-5 min until rice has cooked and water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with parsley and/or green onions as desired.
- Serve immediately!