- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy pot. Add onion and season with a little salt and pepper. Saute until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until the edges start to brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and saute for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add in potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in kale and cook an additional 5 minutes, until kale has wilted and potatoes are cooked through and fork-tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in half and half. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper and adjust salt and pepper to taste (I like lots of pepper!) Enjoy!
Makes 5 servings, ~1.5 cups/serving, 275 calories