- Rinse and prep the vegetables, mix together in a bowl and set aside
- In a large non-reactive saucepan, bring the vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil, stirring to dissolve (do not inhale the fumes).
- Add the mustard seed, celery seed and ground turmeric and stir.
- Add the reserved vegetable mixture and return the liquid to a boil.
- Turn off heat, cover and let steep until the cabbage is crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chow-chow with its liquid to a clean 1-quart jar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to blend the flavors.
- (The Chow-Chow can be refrigerated for at least 3 weeks. Serve at room temperature)